Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What they don't tell you about Unemployment.

Being unemployed gives me a lot of time to think. Maybe too much.


I've been told I "think too much" by a number of people over my lifetime and I think they are wrong. There are plenty of things I do too much of:
  • I worry too much.
  • I drink too much (not overall, but I go through phases)
  • I fixate (obsess) too much on one idea or thought.
  • I care too much (way too much) about what other people think.
  • I spend too much.

As you can see, thinking too much is not on this list. Maybe if I actually thought more, I would have a shorter list.

Moderation is the key to happiness, or so they say, but maybe if I really did "think too much" I would have a list that looks like this:

  • I volunteer too much.
  • I solve the United Nations' problems too much (they really should learn to think for themselves.)
  • I save orphans from burning buildings too much (just kidding. No one could ever do that too much. And another one to add to my list above: I use that expression too much.)
  • I save too much.
  • I take care of myself too much.
  • I really listen to other people too much.
  • I love too much.

Whoa. Now I'm thinking I need to write this list down and put it on my wall. That way I can look at it everyday and use my powers of fixating (obsessing) to pull it into my subconscious and in that way make it part of my intentions which will make it my reality.

Basically, I need to get out of the house more.

No comments:

Post a Comment