Friday, November 5, 2010

Discipline... and REK

It's a beautiful thing to wake up without a hangover.

How do I know this? Today I woke up feeling wonderful, which is the complete opposite of the way I woke up yesterday morning. I know I've been a little too indulgent when the idea of exercising some strict discipline for a while seems comforting. I know this discipline. I know this path and I'm comfortable within its boundaries. Like Cesar Milan says, I need Rules, Boundaries and Limitations. We're all just animals, right?

We're going to see Robert Earl Keen tonight! I'm very excited. Until a couple years ago, I wasn't really a concert-goer. In fact, I'd usually opt out when my friends wanted to go see live music. It was usually too crowded, hot and drunk. Either I've gotten used to it or I'm seeing better shows because I love going to concerts now. There are some bands that just sound better live, and Robert Earl Keen is one. His energy just can't be captured in a studio. I'm really looking forward to this concert tonight!

Of course, the rules of discipline will necessarily be enforced since there will be about a 2 hour round trip to see the show. Otherwise I might be writing tomorrow about that one day I woke up without a hangover... thank God for the vigilance of Atlanta police that scare me into taking care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment